Spencerport Country Veterinarian, PC

1835 N Union St
Spencerport, NY 14559



Health Certificates

Traveling with your pet can be a complicated and stressful process.  Whether flying across country or moving to a new country. 

                  Domestic Travel (travel between the contiguous 48 U.S. States)

 Check the USDA website for individual state requirements for pets travel.  Visit USDA and look under the "Pet Travel" tab.

If traveling by car, make sure you carry a copy of your pet's current Rabies and Vaccines Certificate.

If traveling by airline, you need to check with the individual airline you will be flying. Each airline has their own requirements, some may require a health certificate and a rabies certificate.

                      Travel to Hawaii

Hawaii has very strict regulations on pet import.  The process to import your pet can take from 120 days to 36 months.

Failure to follow the requirements will result in your pet undergoing quarantine for up to 120 days

For details about pet import to Hawaii go to: State of Hawaii Dept of Agriculture

                         International Travel

Each country has their own regulations on pet import, some stricter than others.  It is best to check with the import country's embassy and the USDA to research the import requirements.

Depending on the destination, it may be wise to hire a pet travel agency to help you track all the details, logistics and help you book the appropriate flights.